- 5 Scallops
- 1 Egg
- 6.7 ounces of water
- Untoasted Sesame Oil
- Sprinkle the scallops with salt. Rinse with water and dry with a paper towel.
- Add one cup of water to one egg and whisk. Chill the egg water.
- Sift flour and lightly mix with the egg water until a batter forms. It is not necessary to whisk away all the lumps.
- Pour Untoasted Sesame Oil in a deep pot for frying. Heat oil to about 350 F or 175 C.
- Dust scallops with flour, then drench in the batter.
- Deep fry scallops until golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!